Electrical Maintenance Engineer, based Central Belt
Alba Facilities Services Limited is a fast growing facilities services company. Due to continued growth of the company, we are looking for a full time, permanent electrician to work on our clients premises across Scotland, reporting to the Account Manager. The candidate should be self-motivated, flexible and proactive, a team player with a can-do attitude.
The responsibilities will include:
• Maintenance of installed building services
• Electrical installation and repairs
• Fixed installation electrical test and inspection
The successful candidate must have:
• Any other tasks as required • Subcontractor liason
• 18th Edition Electrical qualification
• 2391 test and inspection certification
• Fully qualified (time served) and have extensive experience
It would be adventitious if the candidate possessed the following:
HVAC Building services maintenance experience
The successful candidate will receive:
• A competitive salary
(plus overtime rate when required)
• Generous call out allowance
• Company van
• Mobile telephone and tablet
• Generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to join a stakeholder
• Enhanced pension scheme
Salary negotiable/dependent upon experience
Helpdesk Manager, Glasgow
Do you have a strong customer focus? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly reactive environment? Do you have experience in managing a Helpdesk? Looking for a new challenge?
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Helpdesk Manager to join our Glasgow based team at Alba Facilities Services. The role is a full time, permanent position reporting into the Finance Director and the successful candidate will lead a team of 5.
At Alba Facilities Services Ltd we deliver services to over three hundred locations, predominantly in Scotland for various customers within the commercial and public sectors via a team of mainly mobile engineers. From our head office in Glasgow, we provide gas, mechanical, electrical and building fabric led services to our varied client base. We work in a fast paced, highly reactive environment, where excellent customer service is key. Doing business the right way is important to us and we believe our people are our number one asset.
The Helpdesk Manager will manage the planning and organisation of all planned and reactive maintenance jobs, ensuring effective customer relationships are maintained with clients and the Alba team alike.
- Competitive salary from £28,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
- Core hours 40 per week: Monday – Thursday (8am – 5pm), Friday (8am – 2.30pm)
- Enhanced Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working considered
- 33 days’ holiday (inc public holidays)
- The management of the helpdesk and all operations within to ensure effective and efficient operational delivery of service to both internal and external customers in line with client SLAs (both planned and reactive works)
- Continuous monitoring of the progress of works carried out until completion
- Liaising with internal and external customers and clients
- Manage any request and reported issues from the client and follow up to achieve resolution and client satisfaction
- Work closely with the wider team to continuously improve overall operations
- Mentoring and motivating the helpdesk support staff, providing training and guidance as required
Your skills and attributes:
- Helpdesk Management experience (essential)
- CAFM system experience essential (Joblogic would be advantageous)
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven people management and team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and able to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Proven ability to solve problems and think laterally
For more information or for an informal chat, please contact Fiona McGeever on 0141 737 7098 or forward your CV with covering letter to Fiona.email@example.com
Building Services Engineers, (Commercial Gas), based Central Belt
Salary: up to £34,000 – negotiable depending on experience
Alba Facilities Services Limited is a fast growing facilities services company. Due to the continued growth of the company, we are looking for a full time, permanent mobile Building Services Engineers to work throughout Central Scotland.
The candidates should be self-motivated, flexible and proactive.
The responsibilities will include:
• Installation, replacement, service and maintenance of all aspects of gas and heating systems • Availability for an on-call rota
Skills And Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a time served Engineer (knowledge of building services). Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage. Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite. The candidate should be:
• Qualified to ACS Gas Commercial (essential)
• Qualified in domestic changeover and testing & purging (desirable)
• Competent in maintenance & fault diagnosis
• Experienced in all aspects of Building Services, 18th Edition, ventilation, water quality & planned maintenance (desirable) • Experienced in installation/replacement
• Good communication/administration skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• A full UK Driving Licence
The package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive Company Pension • Generous on call payment
• Compliance training
• Full Uniform
• Mobile Phone
• Company Vehicle
• Death in Service Benefit
• Overtime Rates
• Generous holiday entitlement • Childcare voucher scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: up to £34,000 per year
For more information please contact Fiona McGeever on 0141 737 7098
or forward your CV with covering letter to:
Building Services Engineer with Mechanical Bias. BIOCITY, NOTTINGHAM
A vacancy has arisen for an engineer with mechanical bias, to be based at BioCity, Nottingham. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all planned maintenance and reactive repairs are completed on time and to the highest standards on this large biochemistry facility. They will also be responsible for managing subcontractors who will look after specialist plant such as Lifts, Fire and Security etc.
This is a hands-on role which will involve fault finding on mechanical and electrical equipment as well as assisting with fabric and general ad-hoc works. The role requires an individual that can work using their own initiative with a proactive approach. Service and maintenance of air handling units, fume extract and fans and drive motors. The updating our NAV (CAFM) system, along with report writing is a critical part of this role.
Skills And Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (good Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services) and experience of operating a BMS system is desirable. Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage. Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite. The candidate should have…
• Completed a recognised apprenticeship in a Building Services Engineering field. • Excellent Building services experience
• 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations would be an advantage
About Alba Facilities Services Ltd
Our directly employed engineering workforce work throughout Scotland and Northern England on a mobile basis and with site-based teams. This allows us to deliver services at over three hundred locations for
various customers both within the commercial and public sectors.
We have a varied client base, and this now ranges from biochemistry facilities, nationwide restaurant chains, office complexes, sports centres, hotels and retail outlets. This demonstrates that we can tailor our services to the individual clients needs no matter the size or industry.
From our head office in Glasgow, we provide mechanical, electrical and building fabric led building services. Our Managing Director, Operations Director and Contract Managers are based here and are supported by our facilities management support, administration and accounts teams.
We are proud to be a living wage employer and a Silver rated Investors in People Company. We strongly believe in looking after our team and investing in them
so they can deliver the best possible service to our client’s long term.
• The successful candidate will receive…
• Competitive Salary
• Enhanced Pension
• Death in Service benefit (After one year) • Generous Holiday entitlement
• Company Mobile Phone • Full Company Uniform
For more information please contact Fiona McGeever
on 0141 737 7098 or forward your CV with covering letter to